Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Reality TV Tonight


So Lola asks if I’m going to watch the State of the Union tonight and I say no. I like well written fiction and this type of scripted and choreographed political performance is poor theater. The ruling class is filled with corrupt buffoons playing courtesan games for positions on the floor. Posing and posturing with false emotions about the vulnerability of the society under their jurisdiction. So many of them want to believe we can simply run everything on ethanol while keeping business prosperous.

I like my non-fiction to be more honest and intriguing so tonight I'm opting for reality TV. I admire how Illinois regroups after a hard fought loss to Wisconsin as they welcome Indiana across the border and kick their butts at Assembly Hall. I really don’t care which one of them comes in second in the Big Ten so long as neither one finishes first.