Thursday, September 28, 2006

Just Use Butter


Ok, it’s like I was walking through the break room and all of a sudden I realize my health is threatened. It isn’t second hand smoke because my government loves and cares for me and won’t allow co-workers to try and kill me with those icky, icky fumes. But it was nearly as bad. My co-worker is making microwave popcorn --- butter flavored!!!

National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health: Although much remains unknown regarding the toxicity of flavoring-related chemicals, employers and workers can take steps to address working conditions and work practices that place workers at risk.

I mean, if trial lawyers are saying I’m at risk the danger must be real, imminent and horribly bad. After all, why are attorneys offering their help for free?

Butter Flavoring Lung Injury - Dot Com: A component of artificial butter flavor is the chemical diacetyl. It is used for aroma and taste in butter, some cheeses and snack and bakery products. … If you have developed an injury or disease due to working with artificial butter flavoring, please click here … We will review your claim for free and without any obligation on your part.

And the Unions, they know something must be done quickly to stop the spread of “popcorn lung”. We are talking emergency rules so there must be an emergency, right?

Unions Seek Action on 'Popcorn Lung': Aug. 31 – Frustrated by inaction at the federal level, two labor unions last week asked California to issue emergency rules protecting workers from exposure to diacetyl, a chemical flavoring tied to a rare lung disease.

In the meantime, until the government and the lawyers and the unions can reestablish the safety of microwave popcorn, just Use Butter Damn it. Wisconsin is still the Dairy State!